Have you noticed your hair thinning? Do you have bald patches? If you think you are losing your hair because of age or genetics, you might be surprised to learn that stress levels can significantly affect your hair growth, thinning, and loss because of changes in epinephrine (testosterone) production. Everyone produces testosterone, yet it is normally thought of as a male hormone.
Normal production of epinephrine increases hair growth. Too much creation reduces hair growth which occurs in males and females. Under elevated stress levels, the body produces more adrenaline which converts to cholesterol and increases the testosterone in the body.
Stress also affects the body’s digestive system. When an imbalance of nutrition occurs, the body does not absorb the most critical components that support healthy hair growth. If your body is not getting vitamin A, B (biotin), C, D, E, protein, iron, and zinc, you require supplements.
- Vitamin A is a critical component for healthy cell production. Vitamin A also produces sebum which gives your hair the moisturizer it needs to maintain a healthy glow.
- Vitamin B, or biotin, also promotes healthy hair growth. It is also important for the creation of red blood cells that bring oxygen and nutrients to the hair follicles and scalp.
- Vitamin C acts as an antioxidant. An insufficient number of antioxidants or an overabundance of free radicals cause oxidative stress that leads to tissue damage. This vitamin also produces collagen which is critical for normal hair growth.
- When an inefficient level of vitamin D is present, it may affect hair follicle growth.
- Vitamin E is another antioxidant that helps prevent oxidative stress. It is also a vitamin that has been linked to healthy, new hair growth.
- Protein absorption is critical as your hair is mostly composed of it. A deficiency of protein not only reduces growth, but it also causes hair loss to occur.
- Iron is a mineral that boosts red blood cells that carry oxygen to the brain and scalp. It is responsible for several vital processes including hair growth.
- Zinc is critical for hair repair and new growth. It is also found in hair follicles which helps maintain a healthy existence.
Recommendations For Hair Growth And Maintenance
There are several things you can do to reduce stress and improve nutritional intake. Reduce stress by trying yoga, Pilates, or Barre which will relax your body. Do not skip your meals. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet. You can also purchase Elon Essentials hair maintenance and thinning products that will provide a balance of vital supplements and hair care treatments.
- Try Elon Matrix 5000 for people who experience advanced thinning.
- Use Elon Hair System Maintenance Matrix 5000 Complete to replenish hair.
- Use Elon Thinning Hair Maintenance System Extra Strength for a vitamin supplement that replenishes hair and optimizes hair growth.
You will also have the choice of Elon Shampoo and Conditioner Moisture Therapy, Scalp Cleanser, Leave-In Treatment, or Concentrated Serum with each of these product orders.