Taking good care of your hair has its advantages. Not only does it make it stronger and healthier, but it also helps it look better. It doesn’t matter if you wear your hair short, long, straight, curly, colored, or untreated; you’re going to need to develop a hair care routine that benefits the texture and length of your strands. The products that you use and things that you do to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and moisturized changes each season with the special care required from you during the coldest months of the year.
Ways to Winterize Your Strands Easily
Winter demands a whole new level of care from you. The blustery cold outdoors and exposure to heaters indoors can dry out your hair fast. Doing damage control is imperative during the season, which you can achieve many different ways. We’ve listed a few suggestions below for you to try.
Here are five ways to protect your hair better this winter:
- Stay hydrated. Water is an essential part of good health. It helps your body flush out toxins and allows its many functions to occur. If you’re dehydrated, your skin and hair pay the consequences. Even though it isn’t hot outside, you still need to make it a point to drink H2O often.
- Invest in a moisture-rich shampoo and conditioner. Elon Essentials Moisture Therapy Hair Care Collection is packed full of ingredients that nourish the hair. Spending money on moisturizing shampoo and conditioner is well worth the expense. Your hair won’t feel dry or frizzy when you use these products regularly.
- Use a leave-in product to help fight static. Elon Leave-In Treatment can be applied per the instructions on the bottle to keep your hair from becoming full of static. Packed with Pro-Vitamin B5, Ginko Biloba, Peppermint Oil, Aloe Leaf, and Sunflower Oil, it’s the type of product you’ll love instantly.
- Place a silk or satin liner inside your stocking cap to prevent breakage. Pulling off your winter hat repeatedly throughout the season can significantly impact the look of your hair. To avoid split ends and needing to go to the hairdresser more frequently, sew or pin a silk or satin liner inside the cap.
- Invest in a good humidifier for your bedroom. Restore moisture levels inside the home quickly with a machine you keep in your bedroom. Fill it full of water per the directions that come with it. Use the humidifier at night when it does the most good for your skin, hair, and nasal passages. You’ll breathe easier and sleep more soundly because of the improvement in your environment.
There are many ways for you to protect your hair better during the challenges winter presents to you. By investing in the right products and tools, you’re able to keep your strands moisturized and looking their best despite needing to wear a cap outdoors. Being mindful of the dry environment indoors helps you combat frizz and keep split ends from making you seek an early visit to the salon.
Prevent Split Ends and Breakage by Taking Extra Good Care of Your Hair
Winter weather in many parts of the country is colder, wetter, and windier. Switching up your hair care routine to reflect the changes in climate can significantly improve the appearance of your hair. It will be less dry and frizzy. You’ll also have fewer split ends due to breakage by changing the way you wash, condition, and protect your hair in winter.