Curly hair can be a challenge to manage any day of the year. Fall is a season marked by significant changes in weather. In most areas of the country, temperatures drop into the 60s and 70s after being in the late 80s, 90s, and 100s.
It’s Time to Turn Over a New Leaf When It Comes to Your Curls or Coils
Being diligent about caring for curly hair in the fall can be impossible if you’re not sure what you’re up against. Some of the difficulties people with curls face during autumn include humidity-induced frizz, dryness, and split ends due to a lack of moisture in the air indoors. If you don’t want to look like you slept with your hair wet and uncovered, you’ll find the following advice very helpful.
Here are five tips for caring for your curly hair better this fall:
- Invest in a humidifier. It puts moisture back into the air, especially during those cold weather days where you’ve got the heater on. Keep one in your bedroom while you sleep so you breathe easier and your hair stays curlier. Monitor the water levels in the basin often, so they don’t get too low and shut the machine off.
- Put a silk cap on while you sleep. It prevents your curls from getting crushed as you rest. It also allows them to dry more manageably if you’ve just washed your hair or deep conditioned it. You’ll protect your strands from getting wound on things during rest.
- Don’t forget to moisturize your curls deep at least once a week. Invest in Elon Essentials Moisture Therapy Collection. You’ll have all the products you need on hand to keep your curls looking springy and hydrated. The five-product-collection protects against heat, breakage, and color treatment if you dye your hair.
- Use a t-shirt to dry your hair. Select a 100 percent organic cotton material to lift your curls and pat them dry gently. A regular towel causes breakage which leads to less curly coils. Keep a few t-shirts available for this purpose because you’ll get no better result than with a soft fabric such as brushed or organic cotton.
- Reduce your use of heating tools. If time permits, allow your hair to dry naturally. Avoid using high-temperature heat tools to blow dry, straighten or define your curls. Embrace more natural hairstyles to save yourself time and to prevent your hair from looking like its fried.
Help your curls look their best despite the change in weather. You’ve got plenty of tips to apply to assist you with keeping your strands looking healthy, shiny, and bouncy long-term. You’ll be able to avoid the things in fall that continually make your curls look bad.
Switch Up Your Hair Care Routine Each Season
Every season presents you with new curly hair obstacles to overcome. Don’t worry! You’re now a pro when it comes to caring for your strands in fall. With Elon Essentials, you can enjoy nourished curls with definition and shine throughout the latter months of the year.