How much time do you spend on skincare? A healthy skin care routine is essential to protect yourself from harmful environmental and chemical exposure. The right regimen will provide the needed nutrition and protection against acne, premature aging, and unsightly blemishes. Here are three must-do healthy skin care tips that will leave you feeling beautiful and silky smooth.
- Eat Right And Stay Hydrated
Skin cells are dependent on a healthy diet. Eat a balanced diet of fruits and vegetables and take a daily supplement to aid in skin, hair, and nail care. Nutritional supplements will increase the production of healthy cells which keeps your skin looking younger. It also reduces acne and blemishes. Experts also recommend you drink a half gallon of water a day to stay properly hydrated which is also vital for beautiful looking skin.
- Gently Cleanse Your Skin
Too little cleansing leaves you feeling dirty. Doing too much actually has a negative effect on your skin as well as it strips the natural oils from your hair and body. It also causes your skin to become irritated and inflamed which causes cell damage. To keep your skin feeling fresh and beautiful, we recommend the following tips:
- Take Short Baths Or Showers: Long exposure to hot water strips the oils from the skin, so make sure you limit your time and use warm water instead of hot.
- Avoid Harsh Soaps: Soaps made with harsh chemicals harm your skin.
- Lubricate When Shaving: Either use shaving cream, soap, gel, or lotions when shaving. Also, use a sharp razor and cut in the direction that your hair grows.
- Do Not Towel Dry Your Skin Harshly: After taking your shower or bath, gently use a towel to pat your skin dry. It will help it retain its natural moisturizing oils.
- Use A Moisturizer: If you are prone to dry skin, use a moisturizer. We recommend our Elon Daily Facial Moisturizer and Elon Skin Repair, and Elon Herbal Foot Cream to maximize the benefits of your skincare routine.
- Protect Your Skin From Harmful UV Rays
Exposing your skin to the sun will increase the probability of wrinkles, age spots, and skin cancer. Here are a few ways you can reduce the damage of UV exposure:
- Use Products That Have Sunscreen: The sun is the strongest between ten and four each day. The American Cancer Society recommends an SPF of 30 or higher which you should apply every two hours.
- Wear A Hat Or Sit In The Shade: The best way to protect your body from the sun’s heat is to wear a hat, cover your arms, and sit in the shade when possible.
- Purchase Sun-Protectant Clothing: Look for clothing that blocks ultraviolet rays and protects your skin from damage.
Your skin’s wellness is a primary concern, so you want to engage in ways to boost your its vitality and health. From rough, dry skin to an aging complexion, Elon Essentials will help you revitalize your youthfulness while also benefiting from a healthy body and mind.